Sunday, November 7, 2010

5D dead

So today was the first day of The Boy's basketball clinic. Had the 5D all charged up...fresh CF cards in hand...and my trusty 28-70 2.8L and adapted Nikkor Q 135 ready to go...


Got some test shots out just to feel out flash distance and went to switch from the Canon to the Nikkor for the longer shots.

WHen the time came for the fun to start...I went to go twist the Nikkor off...No joy...it just kinda rattled in there....

RUH-ROH....

jiggled it a bit and got it off...looks like the adaptor ring got hung up on the lens mount pins...to my shock and chagrin...the first one had been squished in...and the plastic around it deformed slightly, preventing it from popping back up.

I tried to mount the canon on...and work the lens bayonet a few times...no joy... ERR01.

I tried to pop out the pin with a fine tip ball point pen....no joy


When I got home I cleaned out the area and applied contact cleaner/lube (very carefully) and tried to work out the pin with a small safety pin....no joy

Now...I have no joy.

Why is this a big deal? I was just complaining that I suck and that I haven't had anything worth shooting...But the timing? Couldn't have been worse.

Got a couple of projects coming up that I wanted to do some scouting/preshooting for...and now...my only body, my beloved 5D classic....est morte.

Off to phototech in nyc tomorrow to see what witchcraft they can weave on this carcass of a Canon

0 comments:

Post a Comment