Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Cancer Dog...got a tumor growing back (very, very, small). We found out on the August 31st during the examination for his DNA vaccine shot.

Although, Duke seems stronger and more "alive" than ever. Sure, he's old and he slows down like all old dogs. But, he seems more aware...more "Duke" than he's been in a while.

He actually delights when he steals the puppies' chew sticks...In fact, I caught him prancing around with a prized possession of Yoshi's in his mouth. I didn't reprimand him for taking it...I just let him enjoy the moment.

And with that...I just want him to enjoy the time he's got left with us. With me. I don't want to cut up his face...or blast him with radiation. I want his time left to be good, not painful...I don't ever want him to think that he's not loved...or broken.


0 comments:

Post a Comment