Thursday, December 9, 2010

HP musings.


HP Doc-1-2, originally uploaded by eeeksnyc.
So on December 4th...I actually shot people I didn't know. I was one of the shooters for the Help Portrait event that took place all over the world. By now, you may have heard about it, but in case you haven't: the gist of it is to find someone in need, take their portrait, print their portrait, and give it to them.

The homeless, the infirm, abused kids, single moms...ex cons. Doesn't matter. It's about giving someone, something back: be it dignity, be it being pampered for a day...

Actually, I think the slogan for the 2010 shoot was "a picture IS worth."

SO anyway...I've been post processing a bunch of the behind the scenes shots...

they're up on flickr here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/eeeksnyc/sets/72157625414436405/

and here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/eeeksnyc/sets/72157625554216028/

I shot with the NYC kids this year...and had a great time. Met some great people, and in some small way, I hope that I helped some of the Community Access people feel a bit better about things. I learned a lot from the other shooters...and suprised myself a bit, and like most things photographic: I have some severe gear lust....hahah.

So maybe doing something like this, while a pain in the ass for me travel wise...maybe this was something good. Maybe I'm not such an asshole...

Thing is: even after the shoot...I came home to an angry girlfriend...coz I wasn't home to get the tree with her and the boy. Apparently, I'm not home a lot between work and well..work. I have nothing else, just work.

I guess, I'm an asshole after all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment