Saturday, December 5, 2009

Teef!

I remember when I was a kid, I LOVED the Tooth Fairy. It was an awesome deal: I got something for nothing.

It was magical...financially sublime. For a tooth, that arguably, I didn't NEED anymore (hey it was old...it fell out!), I got CASH. Cold, hard, cash. Ducats...Moolah...Dough...

So today, the boy's first tooth came out...and I found myself wondering: What the hell is the going rate for the Tooth Fairy in this horrible economy? When I was 5 way back in the Carter Administration...the Tooth Fairy would leave me a couple of quarters...or even a buck for the bigger teeth.

But what about now? My GF told me the first one should be the most money. Okay, so like, a dollar bill would do the trick I thought.

She shot me a look as if I had just suggested we go mining for diamonds in our backyard...that is to say...like I was crazy...

She was thinking more along the lines of a tenner...10.00...TEN DOLLARS.

Whoa! have times changed THAT much? C'mon Tooth Fairy! Publish the going rate, adjusted for inflation and the value of the US Dollar.

But anyway...here's a pic of Mr. Toothless himself






0 comments:

Post a Comment